Managing a Non-Person account's password
Using Western Identity Manager either owner can manage the password for a Non-Person account. There are two options when managing a Non-Person account password:
- Change the password - This allows you to input a password that meets the Western Password Policy. The entered password will be applied to all the selected accounts.
- Reset the password - This will automatically generate a random password that meets the Western Password Policy. A different password will be applied to each of the selected accounts.
The steps for both are described below.
- Log in to Western Identity Manager.
- Find the account(s) you would like to manage the password for, using either List Accounts or Search Accounts. More information on finding accounts.
- Place a check mark beside each of the accounts you would like to manage the password for, and select either Change Password OR Reset Password button from the bottom.
- If you selected Change Password, enter the new password into both the New Password and Confirm New Password fields and click Submit.
- If you selected Reset Password, continue to Step 4.
- A results page will display:
- If you selected Change Password, the page will display each User ID selected an a success/fail result.
- If you selected Reset Password, the page will display each User ID selected and the associated randomly generated password. You may download these results by selecting Download CSV. Otherwise you may log out or continue with other processes.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.