Passwords are the key to your Western Identity. Please read and familiarize yourself with Western Password Security.
Western Identity Manager
With the introduction of Western Identity Manager changes have been made to the Western Password Policy as well as the introduction of the Western Challenge Response Policy. More information is located in the links below.
What you need to know before changing your password
Your Western Identity is saved in many places including phones, tablets, and various programs and websites on your computer. Once you change your password, it needs to be updated in all those locations. Below is a list of some of the places where you will need to update your password.
- Saved passwords in email. When you open your email, it will prompt you for your password. You will need to resave this.
- Wifi password for uwosecure-v2 on your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- You will need to edit your WesternU connection in Pulse Secure used for Western Roams access.
- If you have saved your password in your Remote Desktop program, you will need to edit that. Remember to enter your username as firstname.lastname@example.org or uwo\username.
- You might have saved your password in your browser for various websites. These will also need to be resaved.
Consider having as many of your devices with you when changing your password. If that isn’t possible make sure any devices that are not with you are powered off. This should ensure you don’t get locked out of an account or service before you update the password in a program or device.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.