How to use mmc snapin to import pfx file
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type "MMC.EXE" (without the quotation marks) and click OK.
- Click Console in the new MMC you created, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- In the new window, click Add.
- Highlight the Certificates snap-in, and then click Add.
- Choose the Computer option and click Next.
- Select Local Computer on the next screen, and then click OK.
- Click Close , and then click OK.
- You have now added the Certificates snap-in, which will allow you to work with any certificates in your computer's certificate store.
- Right-click Certificates (or Personal if that option does not exist.)
- Choose All Tasks, and then click Import.
- When the wizard starts, click Next. Browse to the PFX file you created containing your server certificate and private key. Click Next.
- Enter the password you gave the PFX file when you created it.
- Be sure the Mark the key as exportable option is selected if you want to be able to export the key pair again from this computer.
- Click Next, and then choose the Certificate Store you want to save the certificate to. You should select Personal because it is a Web server certificate.
- Click Next. You should see a summary of screen showing what the wizard is about to do. If this information is correct, click Finish.
- You will now see the server certificate for your Web server in the list of Personal Certificates.
- It will be denoted by the common name of the server (found in the subject section of the certificate).
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.