WTS Basic Scantron Service
Starting Tuesday, July 3, 2018, the process of scanning Scantron-administered tests and exams will transition from Western Technology Services (WTS) to the Office of the Registrar’s newly created Scantron Services, a part of Student Records & Exam Services. Services will be relocated to the Western Student Services Building (WSSB) Room 2140.
Individuals with questions or concerns should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an instructor or T.A. in the Faculty of Social Science on main campus ?
Information about scanning services for your department is available from SSTS (SSC 1228).
- Western's multiple choice Scantron form includes 180 questions with 5-choices A-E ( sample )
- NEW! Scantron forms are purchased through Staples (see Mustang Market for details)
- Exam booklets are purchased through Facilities Management Stores (x88706 )
- The WTS-managed scanning machine reads PENCIL markings only
- If including an answer key, fill-in all the '9's under the 'Student Number' section of that form
- Forms to be scanned must be dropped off and picked up at the WTS Administration Office (SSB 4300)
NOTE: Scantron forms must be counted and also bundled if more than one exam set is submitted.
- How to submit Scantron forms (PDF, 2pgs)
- Retrieving the DAT file (PDF, 2pgs)
- What to do with your DAT file(s) (Quick Reference Guide PDF, 2pgs)
- Downloading ScanExam-II (weblink for Win OS software)
- Resources (link to detailed 'How To' PDF documents)
Are you at an affiliated college?
To learn more about your scantron services, refer to the Affiliates section .
Drop off/Pick up Location: WTS Administration Office, Suite 4300, Support Services Building
Address: 1393 Western Road
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm (closed weekends and holidays )
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.