What's New in v8.9 ?
Uploading Tip: Select the folder in your Cascade site that you wish to upload your file to before completeing the following steps.
To upload a file:
- Click on Add Content.
- Look for menu option Image or PDF. Some sites may have those options available after choosing Page - look for sub menu PDF or DOC.
- You do not need to enter a File Name as the file will retain the name it had on your computer.
- In the Placement Folder field, specify the folder you want to upload the file to.
- Click the Drop file(s) here or choose some from your computer to select the file(s) you wish to upload.
- Click the ellipses next to the Save & Preview and click Submit to upload.
- Edit the page you wish to add the image or link to the uploaded file. View "Edit" and select Image for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: You should only publish your Base Folder before 7 a.m. or after 4 p.m. This publishes your entire site and can cause publishing to slow for others when done at peak usage times during the day.To publish an asset:
- Select an asset that you would like to Publish. It should now be in View mode.
- Click the Publish button on the upper toolbar by 'Edit' or right click the asset and click Publish.
- The publish screen appears. Click 'View Publish settings'.
- Choose the Destination and click Publish.
- A green message box will appear at the bottom screen. You can click the box to view the publishing queue.
- If you miss the message, you can also view the publishing queue by clicking on the hamburger menu in the topbar.
- Once you go to the publishing queue, you will see a page where you can track the file's progress
- When your publishing job clears the queue, click the Cascade logo on the topbar to be redirected to your dashboard.
- Under the Notification widget, you can view your messages. Your file has been successfully published if you see a message referring to 0 issues. If issues are noted, you can click on the message to see what the problem was. You will need to correct the problem before your file will be successfully published.
To edit a block used on a particular page, select the page to preview it, then click 'More' then click 'Show Regions.'
Hover your mouse over the area of the page containing the block. The name of the block will appear as a callout (Right Sidebar). When you click on the call out, the region will expand showing the block name used in that region. Right click the block name and select 'Edit'.
A new window will open to enable you to edit the block. Once you have finished editing, click the ellipses next to the Save & Preview and then click 'Submit.' Your updated block will be updated but now yet show correctly on the page. Refresh the browser and the update that you made to the block will appear. Please note that if you click the Save & Preview first and then Submit, you will not stay on the page. You will be taken to the actual updated block (i.e. as you were before v8.9).
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.