New OWL Support Request ProcessBy: Sue Barschel
In an effort to consolidate and streamline support requests, WTS will be using JIRA exclusively for OWL-related queries and issues. JIRA is an issue tracking application currently used by many of the support teams in WTS and OWL will follow suit. Doing so allows for a consistent process, ensures appropriate communication tracking, and is useful in statistics gathering on common and frequently-reported issues. There will be no change in the level of support you have come to expect.
Instead of sending an email, you will create a ticket.
This change will become effective May 1, 2018.
OWL Help has been updated with abbreviated instructions on how to create a JIRA ticket; however, complete instructions follow:
Log in at https://jira.uwo.ca and follow these steps:
- Create Issue
- Project type: Helpdesk
- Issue type: Request or Problem
- Summary: Include your course site name + issue/request (something to give us a broad idea of what you need)
- Components: owl
- Description: Add specific details here
- Labels: owl-assignments (for example)
- To make someone else a 'watcher' of the ticket, first add them in 'cc' field (either when creating the ticket or by editing it), and then add them as a watcher. This person must have logged in to Jira at some point for you to be able to do this.
Alternately, you can bookmark this link for quick access (Western Login Required).
Frequent reminders will be circulated in the next several weeks about the upcoming change. In the meantime, you can immediately begin using JIRA.
The OWL Team
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.