MATLAB (Win/Mac/Linux OS)
Renewing your License
An activation key is no longer required to renew MATLAB. Your Western credentials will now be used to confirm your eligibility during the renewal process and afterwards.
- Launch MATLAB so the MathWorks activation window appears
- Select 'Activate automatically using the Internet'
- Login to your MathWorks account (internet connection is required)
- Confirm the 964054 license type and select 'Individual' (if not listed, select 'Campus')
- If/when you are asked to verify your eligibility, enter your Western userid and password
A reminder that this software must be removed from your system when you leave Western University.
Installing MATLAB (NEW!)
All eligible Faculty, Staff and Students can now get MATLAB through Western University's web portal:
- select 'Get Started Today' under the Download MATLAB section
- run the installer and follow the online instructions
- select the Academic - Total Headcount license labeled 'Individual'
- select the products you want to download and install
- activate your license using your Western credentials
Do you want to connect a department or lab system to Western's Central MATLAB server? Do you require a unique license file for your own server? Email your request with details to email@example.com.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.