MATLAB (Win/Mac/Linux OS)
All eligible Faculty, Staff and Students have access to MATLAB through Western University's web portal:
- click the ‘Sign In to Get Started’ button on the portal website
- verify your eligibility with your Western credentials (userid/password)
- sign in to your MathWorks account
- Don't have an account? Create one using your @uwo.ca email address
- select the version of MATLAB you want then follow the download instructions
- install MATLAB
- select the Total Academic Headcount 'Individual' license
- select the products to be installed from MathWorks
- activate MATLAB
- your Western credentials are all you need to activate your license
Renewing your License
An activation key is no longer required to renew MATLAB. Your Western credentials will now be used to confirm your eligibility during the renewal process and afterwards.
- Launch MATLAB so the MathWorks activation window appears
- Select 'Activate automatically using the Internet'
- Login to your MathWorks account (internet connection is required)
- Confirm the 964054 license type and select 'Individual' (if not listed, select 'Campus')
- If/when you are asked to verify your eligibility, enter your Western userid and password
A reminder that this software must be removed from your system when you leave Western University.
Do you want to connect a department or lab system to Western's Central MATLAB server? Do you require a unique license file for your own server? Email your request with details to email@example.com.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.