Update a Saved Password on Windows
Modern web browsers have a feature called Saved Password that saves your password so you don’t have to remember and type it next time when you visit the same website. The first time you are logging into a website you have never logged in before on the browser, it will ask if you want to save the password. If you use the Saved Password feature the password you entered will be saved in the browser and will be automatically used to login the next time you visit the website.
Please consider disabling the Saved Password feature in favour of a Password Safe.
To delete individual passwords, highlight the username pre-filled on the screen and select the Delete (not backspace) key. To delete all saved passwords:
- Open the Tools menu (in newer versions this will appear as a gear icon in the upper right corner)
- Select Internet Options
- Select Content
- Under AutoComplete, select Settings
- Click Delete AutoComplete history...
- To prevent AutoComplete in the future, make sure AutoComplete is deselected for User names and passwords on forms.
- Open the More actions menu (this will appear as three dotted lines in the upper right corner)
- Select Settings
- Select View advanced settings, near the bottom page
- Under Privacy and services, click on the Manage by saved passwords
- Click the X for any listed website for which you want to delete the password.
- In the menu bar, open the Tools menu (in newer versions this will appear as three dashed lines in the upper right corner)
- Select Options
- Go to the Security tab (older versions of Firefox will list this as Privacy)
- Select Saved Passwords
- To eliminate all existing password, select Remove all. To eliminate specific saved passwords, select View Saved Passwords and delete just those associated with the page you're removing. If you wish, deselect the option for Remember passwords - this will prevent passwords from being saved in the future.
- Open the Chrome menu (in newer versions this will appear as three dashed lines in the upper right corner
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings
- Click Manage Saved Passwords in the Passwords and Forms section
- Click the X for any listed website you want to delete the passwords for.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.