Microsoft Stream is an online video service similar to YouTube that allows for the uploading, viewing and sharing of videos securely within the Western community. It also allows you to organize videos into channels and groups so they are easier to find!
Disclaimer: Microsoft Stream is a cloud-hosted system and while its use is optional , all usage must comply with Western's Computing, Technology & Information Resources Policy and Data Classification Standards .
Accessing Microsoft Stream
All Western faculty, staff and students have access to view videos shared in Microsoft Stream. Western faculty and staff also have access to upload and share videos.
September 22, 2020 updates:
- All Western faculty and staff automatically have access to upload videos to Stream (previously you had to request access).
- The default permissions setting for "Allow everyone in your company to view this video" has been turned off / unchecked (previously it was on by default permitting everyone at Western to see the video).
To access Stream:
- Log into your Western Office 365 account at myoffice.uwo.ca using your favourite web browser.
- If Stream does not appear in your list of favourite apps, click on the All apps icon and then find and click Stream from the list of apps displayed.
It's as easy as that! There is also a mobile app for Microsoft Stream available for download at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-CA/stream/mobile-get-apps .
- Overview of Microsoft Steam
- Getting Started with Microsoft Stream
- Microsoft Stream FAQ
- Permission and Privacy
Need help with Stream?
Contact the WTS Helpdesk for support either by:
- creating a Service Desk ticket at https://jira.uwo.ca/servicedesk OR
- calling 519 661-3800
Published on and maintained in Cascade.