Microsoft Teams Live Events
Microsoft Teams live events is a webinar tool for broadcast-type sessions where there are larger number of participants and which require less interaction (especially for audio & video) between the host and the participants, who are mostly viewing the session.
Large live streaming events typically have several people working behind the scenes—the event group—to make them successful. As such, Microsoft Teams Live events requires at minimum the Producer and Presenter role and they must be two separate Western ids. See Event Group Roles for further details.
To access Live Event:
- Log into your Western Office 365 account at myoffice.uwo.ca using your favourite web browser.
- If Teams does not appear in your list of favourite apps, click on the All apps icon and then find and click Teams from the list of apps displayed.
- Choose Calendar on the left menu, select "New Meeting" drop down on the top right and select "Live Event"
Before you start using Teams Live Event, here are some great resources to get you started:
- Teams Desktop App - Required for Presenter
- System Requirements and Supported platforms
- Scheduling a Teams Live event
- Invite attendees to a Teams Live Event
- Produce a Live event using Teams
- Present in a Live event in Teams
- Manage the recording and reports
Need help with Microsoft Live Events
Contact the WTS Helpdesk for support either by:
- creating a Service Desk ticket at https://jira.uwo.ca/servicedesk OR
- calling 519 661-3800
Published on and maintained in Cascade.