Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud hosted system and while its use is optional, all usage must comply with Western's Computing, Technology & Information Resources Policy and Data Classification Standards.
What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is available to all faculty, staff, and students through Western's Office 365 Microsoft Campus Agreement. OneDrive is 1 TB of online storage in the Microsoft cloud where you can save, store, sync, and share files with the tools you use every day to create, communicate, and collaborate from your PC/Mac or your iOS®, Android™, or Windows device. Files can be created and modified with version tracking and file collaboration.
- Get Started
- Files in OneDrive (Add, upload, Manage)
- Share and collaborate
- Sync (Set up sync, Manage Sync Settings)
- Mobile and Mac
- Troubleshoot (Sync Issues, Other issues)
OnCampus OneDrive (available only to Faculty and Staff)
- Secure method of sharing documents instead of emailing attachments
- Housing data within Western's central WTS infrastructure (storing information on-campus as opposed to within the Microsoft cloud with the traditional OneDrive)
- Each user will receive 250MB quota
- Same as the Convergence default Email quota
Login using your User ID and password at https://share.sp.uwo.ca
Select OneDrive on the purple menu bar at the top of the page.
If this is the first time using OnCampus OneDrive, it will take a few minutes to complete the configuration, during this time you will see the screen shown below.
Once the configuration is completed, you will see the screen shown below.
You can now access your OnCampus OneDrive, by selecting OneDrive from the purple menu bar at the top of the page.
How Do I Share my Files using OnCampus OneDrive?
Before you can begin sharing your files, you need to add them to your OnCampus OneDrive Library.
- You can either click new document or drag and drop your files.
- Select who you want to share your folder or document with by selecting the ellipses next to the folder or filename and clicking SHARE.
- Choose who you wish to share with by typing in their names, email addresses, or Everyone. Select Share to begin sharing.
How do I delete files in my OnCampus OneDrive Library?
Click the ellipses next to the filename and on the callout, click the ellipses next to EDIT SHARE FOLLOW.
From the menu, click Delete.
Deleted files go to your recycle bin. Click here for instructions on restoring a deleted file.
- Note: Recyle Bin files count towards your quota.
How do I rename files in my OnCampus OneDrive Library?
First click to select the file you want to rename and then click the ellipses next to the filename.
Click the ellipses next to EDIT SHARE FOLLOW.
From the menu select Edit Properties, enter the new name for the file.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.