What would you like to EDIT in your site in Cascade?
Editing Tip #1: If you are finding that the editor is too small to see all of the changes that you are trying to make, click Fullscreen button to make the editor full screen (it is located at the end of the second row of icons and is an icon of 4 arrows going in different directions).
Editing Tip #2: If you are familiar with HTML, you can click Source code button to view and edit the HTML directly without using the Editor (it is located to the left of the Fullscreen button and is an icon of the less than and greater than symbols facing each other).
To edit a page:
- Select the page that you would like to edit
- The page is now in View mode.
- Click on the Edit tab to begin editing.
- Edit your page or use the WYSIWYG Editor Toolbar to make any changes.
- Click the ellipses next to the Save & Preview and then click Submit button to save your changes. You should now see a green box in the bottom left corner telling you the edit has been successful.
Image Tip #1: To add an image to your web page, the image must be available in your folder structure within Cascade. If you have not uploaded the image file into Cascade yet, please see the File (Image, PDF, etc.) section on the Create page for instructions.
Image Tip #2: To insert the image, you must be editing a page. If you are unsure of how to do this, please close this tab and choose the Edit Pages tab.
To insert an image:
- Click a the page you wish to edit and then click Edit on the top bar on the page.
- Click on the area of the page where you want to insert the image.
- Click on the Insert/edit image icon () located in the toolbar.
- Click on the Choose File to select the image.
- Select the image file from Cascade's internal search, then click Choose.
- Click Ok. Your image should now be on your page.
- Click the ellipses next to the Save & Preview and then click Submit to save the changes.
Deleting Tip #1: A deleted asset in Cascade is only available to restore for approximately 2 weeks after you have deleted it. After that time, it is permanently deleted from the system and there is no way to restore it. Please be careful when deleting anything from your site.
Deleting Tip #2: Deleting an asset in Cascade does not delete it from the web server (i.e. your public website). You must also unpublish the asset or it will be orphaned on your website and you will need to contact whoever maintains your web server and have them delete it.
- Select content that you would like to delete
- You can right click and choose Delete, or let item render in View mode then click on the More tab to reveal another Delete tab.
- Click Delete. A new screen will appear asking you to Confirm the deletion. If the page or file has already been published, you should also click the Unpublish Content box. To complete the process, click the Delete button.
- You should now see a green box at the bottom middle telling you the deletion was successful.
- Please note that the asset will only be stored in the trash bin for about 2 weeks. You will be able to restore the deleted asset as long as it remains in the Trash but after that is cannot be retrieved.
If you wish to restore a deleted file, please see the "Restore" documentation, directly below.
Note on Deleting folders: Cascade can only unpublish the contents of a folder on a web server. The empty folder will remain on the web server and whoever maintains your web server will have to delete the folder from the server (even if you delete the folder in Cascade).
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.