Zoom Web Conferencing
Zoom at Western
Western Technology Services is pleased to announce that Zoom has been chosen as Western's campus-wide web conferencing solution. Beginning on July 2, 2019 all faculty, staff and students at Western and its affiliated colleges will have free access to Zoom Pro for all of their web conferencing needs.
Zoom is a cloud-based solution for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, and online meetings.
Your Western Identity is used as your login credentials for Zoom.
Zoom’s key features include:
- Host meetings with up to 300 participants
- Up to 24 hrs Meeting duration
- Video, audio, & screen sharing
- Join/Host meetings via a computer or mobile device
- Participants do not require an account to join meetings
- Screen sharing for presentations and collaboration
- Plug-in for Outlook calendar to allow easy scheduling
- Local Recording
- Chat functions
- H.323/SIP systems integration
The service can be used for:
- Online video and audio meetings
- Departmental meetings
- Project collaboration
To use Zoom you will need to install the Zoom app on your computer or mobile device.
IMPORTANT: Select Sign In with SSO. On the Sign In with SSO screen, enter westernuniversity, then click Continue.
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.