Email Setup Guides
Office 365 will fully integrate your email, calendar, and contacts with almost every current desktop email client.
Need help setting up Office 365 on your computer? The guides in this section will walk you through setting up your Office 365 mail account on your PC or Mac.
Thunderbird clients are supported on a best effort basis. If you are currently using a Thunderbird client, please ensure that you are using the latest version. To setup an Office365 Account, please ensure you click “Manually Configure”. The following information will assist you in your setup:
For Windows users
Incoming server: outlook.office365.com – SSL/TLS – Port 993 - OAuth2
Outgoing Server: smtp.office365.com – STARTTLS – Port 587 - OAuth2
For Linux users
Before proceeding make sure you have a copy of your profile or any local folders. You can find the location of them in account settings.
- Remove the old Thunderbird app
- From Terminal – sudo apt remove thunderbird – when prompted hit y.
- From Terminal – sudo apt purge thunderbird.
- Install Thunderbird using Snap to obtain latest version
- sudo snap install thunderbird
- Open Thunderbird using applications menu
- Fill in email and password and choose manual config. Set up the details as you would in Windows choosing OAuth2 as the authentication method for both incoming and outgoing.
What if your device is not listed?
For devices that are not listed, use the online version of Outlook.
Published on and maintained in Cascade.